Re: Upgrade 8.1.6 -> 9.2 via exp/imp

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:21:45 GMT

"Frank" <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:bnu1ub$fda$1_at_news2.tilbu1.nb.home.nl...
> Walt wrote:

> >>You can even post what schemas you are unsure of, here and maybe we
> >>might recognize some default users.
> >>

> > Ok, you asked for it. Here they are:
> >
> > HR, MDSYS, ODM, ODM_MTR, OE, PM, QS, OS_ADM, QS_CB, QS_CBADM, QS_CS,
> > QS_ES, QS_OS, QS_WS, SH, WKPROXY, WKSYS, WMSYS, XDB
> >
> HR, OE, PM, QS and all QS*: Demo,
> All others are options you choose to install, such as
> interMedia, Context and hyperSearch.
> These should be the new system (can't recollect there ever
> was a HR schema in 8iRel2)
> >
> > In addition, I've got the following schemas that were created by the DCA
> > that are on the current production system. Should I drop them and let
> > the full import re-create them, or just import over the top:
>
> And then what... have 8i R2 context in a 9i environment?
> >
> > CTXSYS, ORDPLUGINS, ORDSYS, OUTLN
> >
> > As you've probably gathered, I'm somewhat new at this...
> >

> No - leave as is (possibly dropping the demo stuff, with the tablespace,
> as it allows you to demo Data Warehousing), and import only what belongs
> to the application
> --
> Regards, Frank van Bortel

Yup .. I second Franks opinion. I would not drop OUTLN (stored outlines).

In fact if you have created a 9i database . then just import the application user into it. Unless you find that you are using the options that the above schemas provide.

Demo can certainly go . MDSYS, HR ... You seem to have installed a whole lot of demo schemas? In fact I did not know the others were demo (QS*)

Anurag Received on Fri Oct 31 2003 - 14:21:45 CST