Re: Can I create temporary table across sessions/instance

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 07:15:10 -0800

gdb_dsr wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is it possiable to see the data of other sessions
>and their updates. I need a temporary table to be
>accessesed (I see the name but no data from other
>session connected to second instance) from two
>different sessions in 9i RAC environment. I can
>not find it in oracle docs. Wondering if you
>have gonethrough this.
>
>Thanks, Raju

Based on the information you provided it is impossible to tell what you are actually doing.

When you say temporary table is this a normal heap table or a global temporary table?
When you say data do you mean inserts and updates before or after a commit has been issued?

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu