Re: webdb app run on 9iAppServer question

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:58:46 +0100

Pete wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm hoping someone might know how to do this:
>
> i've inherited an app. which consists of a number of
> pl/sql stored procedures. their output is all in the
> form of put statements which give out HTML. The app
> is accessed via webdb, using a browser, with a url
>
> Is is possible, does anyone know, to run this app
> unaltered using 9iAS?
>
> Any pointers where I'd start? I've got the 9iHTTP
> server (apache 1.3.12) running OK. can i do this
> without the AppServer stack?
>
> And no, i don't have an FM to R.
>
> At present, all is on windoze. Win 2000, SP4, 8.1.7
> for webdb, 9.0.1.0.1 for 9i, it would be 9.2iAS if i
> go ahead and install, which i haven't yet 'cos i don't
> know if it will all fly together.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Pete.

WebDb is the former name of Portal (Pre 3 versions were called WebDb - latest being WebDb 2.2)

Things have changed between WebDb and Portal Rel 2; I'd stay with iAS Rel 1 (Ver 1.0.2.2.2), to make the possibility of broken code minimal.

OTOH, it may run without the iAS component as well, just install the rdbms and the (included) Apache. This might be the case when no Portal (WebDb) specifics are used, like Single Sign On (SSO), Portlets, etc.

What do you mean with the AppServer stack? If you go for iAS, you would just need a minimal install, with Portal (option 2 when installing, iirc)

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel