Re: Can I create temporary table across sessions/instance

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 30 Oct 2003 21:15:38 -0800

ge_2000_2001_at_yahoo.com (gdb_dsr) wrote

> Is it possiable to see the data of other sessions
> and their updates. I need a temporary table to be
> accessesed (I see the name but no data from other
> session connected to second instance) from two
> different sessions in 9i RAC environment. I can
> not find it in oracle docs. Wondering if you
> have gonethrough this.

One session wanting to see the updates & data of another session. Across instances.

That sounds like a job that the default/normal/standard tables in Oracle has been doing since forever.

Why the need for a temporary table then? What problem are you trying to resolve with a temporary table with data that persist across sessions and instances?

--
Billy