Re: 8.0.5 client to 9.2 database?

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_no_spam_please_at_mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:18:19 -0500

As a recap on the issue, it turned out that the 9.2 database was built using one of the UTF character sets for the standard character set, and the 8.0 based client evidently does not support this. Changing to USASCII7 or the WE8MSWIN1252 set on the server side appeared to solve the problem.

It also turns out that the 8.0 Forms runtime can utilize the 9.2 client installation, although I didn't end up going this way.

Thanks for the help.

--Peter