Re: Maximum number of transaction. (Newby question).

From: ben brugman <ben_at_niethier.nl>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:51:48 +0100

> This must be some new definition of the word 'desired' with which I am
> unfamiliar.

In trying to prevent certain events, it is always 'nice' that you can create such
events.
Specific in lock and deadlock situations which occure rarely, it can be helpfull
if you can reproduce the effect.

Lot of DBA's go and alter something until the 'event' does not happen anymore.
(See a lot of books especially on describing the initrans setting, if a lot of
locks or deadlocks occur increase this number).

This running a Oracle database by trial and error is not the way I am used to
working with databases.

If something goes wrong I like to find what was at 'fault' and then try to repair
the fault and not just alter something and hope for the best.

So reproducing errors, locks and deadlocks on command can be 'desired'

I'll still have to read your other mail with the 'dump' example. Although I am
not familiar with the Oracle 'format' I'll try to learn from it. So thanks for
producing the example.

THANKS, ben brugman.