job_queue_processes = 0

From: Hari Om <hari_om_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Oct 2003 07:32:03 -0800

job_queue_processes = 0

I am using Oracle 9.2.0.1 on IBM AIX 5.1L box.

I have a instance "gates" runnin on it. This instance is NOT in production (and was created using DBCA). There are NO Transactions on this instance but still I used to get tons of Archives for this instance - wonder why....? Why does Oracle generate Archives for instance which is NOT used...Then I opned a TAR and I was told that job_queue_processes = 0 . My init.ora files had job_queue_processes = 10 and Oracle Tech Support @ TAR told me to channge it to 0 and it did work...Now I get 2-3archives per day for this instance (in contrast to 8-9 archives/day).....

So my question is what is the relation of job_queue_processes = 0 with archive.....? is that hte primary reason why my archive were generated.....? if that is the case then why did DBCA set it to 10....?

Are automatic job queue requests necessary with in the Oracle database, if it is fully functional than what is the purpose? I am not sure I understand why job requests would need to be created automatically. If there is some benefit, should it be set to 1?

Any related information on this is appreciated....?

THANKS! Received on Thu Oct 30 2003 - 09:32:03 CST