Re: Performance DB-Link

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:12:10 GMT

Few warnings

Tune any query doing joins (explain plans) over the link Be aware that even a SELECT uses rollback segment, which means any transaction over the link will require a rollback or commit at some point, or all your RBS will stop being usable at some point If you do queries over the link, try not do do joins of multiple tables on the other end, as Oracle doesn't lookups for each remote object involved in your query.

If you're using db_links just for replication, i think it's fine. Production queries, require a close look.

On 29 Oct 2003 05:11:25 -0800, sceddie_at_gmx.de (Arne Bippes) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>we are thinking about using Oracles DB_link feature to connect two
>Databases.
>Currently the data is transported via MQSeries.
>
>Does anybody have any experience about the Performance. Do I have to
>expect increased or decreased Performance?
>
>Greetings
>
>Arne Bippes

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Thu Oct 30 2003 - 09:12:10 CST