Re: Table not found with jdbc sql statement

From: Simon Bieri <Simon.Bieri_at_sisclear.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:48:50 +0100

Thanks for your answers.

Niall Litchfield schrieb:

<SNIP>

> I don't have a working java ide at the moment to test out what is happening,
> and in any case we haven't seen the java code that tries to select from the
> table.

>> From my point of view using double quotes for table names is a bad habit

> and
>
>>should be avoided at all.

> This I entirely agree with.

I'm not.

To change that "bad habit" is not that easy, because all sql statements and connections to the database are in a java package (based on java.sql.*). Anyway, I agree with Thomas Kellerer, that 'the SQL standard says that as soon as you put an object in double quotes, the database has to handle that case sensitive'. So that means, when I create the tables with my sql script, Oracle should be able to find the table names in double quotes and mixed case. The question is now, does Oracle fully support the SQL standard?

As long I create the tables with the package, null problemo, the tables are correctly created (mixed case) and I can connect properly to any table with java and jdbc and do whatever I want to.

Simon Received on Thu Oct 30 2003 - 07:48:50 CST