Re: Does Oracle charge for development Licenses

From: Sanjay Minni <sminni_SPAM_DIVERTER_at_planage.com>
Date: 30 Oct 2003 04:39:25 -0800

ronnie_yours_at_yahoo.com (Ronnie) wrote in message news:<ea603f8d.0310291408.331584f9_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering whether Oracle charges for development licenses or
> not. For example we have 2 development machines and 2 production. Our
> developers write their code on the development servers and once tested
> and approved move it to the live production servers.
>
> Do we have to pay oracle for 4 server X cpu licensing or just 2.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Ron

Chk up the version & country

Example here If its a CPU licence, then its unlimited users per CPU But for small no of users it is "Named Users" - i.e. per individual user likely to use, regardless of number of CPUs. For small installations < 70 or so, it is usually by "Named Users" in which case usually it is for Minimum 5 users

Sanjay Minni Received on Thu Oct 30 2003 - 06:39:25 CST