Maximum number of transaction. (Newby question).

From: ben brugman <ben_at_niethier.nl>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:04:44 +0100

At the moment I am playing around with an Oracle database.

I have set The number of transactions for a test table initial to 1 and maximum to 1.
I enter 3 small rows into a table.
(All rows end up in the same block, when selecting with rowid all is the same except that the last digit becomes A or B or C).

Now I open a session and do an update on the first row. I open a second session and do an update on the second row.

Both updates succeede and I can commit both. Because of the only one transaction in a block I would expect that one transaction would be blocked by the first.

What am I missing or understanding wrongly.

ben brugman Received on Thu Oct 30 2003 - 05:04:44 CST