How to use Oracle Components for MTS with 2 machines??

From: Roy <something_at_something.here>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:33:30 +0100

Hi,

We have a challenge. The documentation says it is possible but doesn't tell us how.
The situation.

An Oracle 8i database on Alpha/VMS which is connected with an application server (Win2000).
The Win2000 server has the Oracle Components for MTS installed.

Now we have a 2nd application server which must connect to the same database instance.
We know that OCMTS only allows 1 connection for an instance.

The documentation however says that we can install OCMTS on a second machine and use the OCMTS on the first machine and thus still have one connection. We did install OCMTS on the second machine but now 1. How to configure this 2nd machine so that when I make (thru a component) a connection to my database, it 'knows' to use the connection on the first machine?
2. Is the something I must put in my TNSNAMES.ORA file on the second machine so that it 'redirects' to the first application server (which then knows the 'real' location of the database)?

Thanks for any info,

Roy Received on Thu Oct 30 2003 - 02:33:30 CST