Re: Recommended stripe depth for Oracle on a Raid?

From: ls cheng <g-e-n-o_at_europe.com>
Date: 30 Oct 2003 00:19:58 -0800

your DB_FILE_MULTIBLOCK_READ_COUN*DB_BLOCK_SIZE should be equal to OS maximum I/O

stripe size should be DB_FILE_MULTIBLOCK_READ_COUN*DB_BLOCK_SIZE divided by stripe width

so if you have 256k, 8 disks in RAID-0 your stripe size should be 32K

this is my theory and used in practice and the performance isnt too bad, acceptable

Not a storage expert, just use some common sense and read experts recommendations....