Re: Does Oracle charge for development Licenses

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:38:46 -0800

Ronnie wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering whether Oracle charges for development licenses or
>not. For example we have 2 development machines and 2 production. Our
>developers write their code on the development servers and once tested
>and approved move it to the live production servers.
>
>Do we have to pay oracle for 4 server X cpu licensing or just 2.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Ron

When you say 2 production machines are they both on-line being used or is one used for
backup/replication. You need to read Oracle's license carefully. They do not charge for
some uses of their software on machines involved in replication.

Also consider licensing by user for development and don't buy EE unless you need it.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu