Oracle Hell =0)

From: Rudy B <Rudybarrow_at_hotskunk.com>
Date: 29 Oct 2003 12:38:34 -0800

Hi all,

I've got a client that has one of the most quirky novell/NT and oracle setups.

they have one novell tree. with 2 containers. in one container they have all the users and mappings. in the other container it was an old container that had users objects.

in short. some of the users have 2 logins (one in each container) if they try to launch and ADP program that uses Oracle. they get SQL32154: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve server namel.

however if they login into the old container. it works fine. the ADP program is loaded on a NT server. there are no oracle objects in the novell tree.

I'm clueless as to why it will work logged in on context A. and not on B.
especially if the program is running on NT anyhow.

I'm beggin for help guys.

thanks

Rudy Barrow
email - rudybarrow_at_hotskunk.com Received on Wed Oct 29 2003 - 14:38:34 CST