Distributed Vs. Centralized Database Approach

From: coldfusion <coldfusion1998_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Oct 2003 11:26:22 -0800

Hi,
I am trying to make a reccomendation for our database arch. We are currently debating on using a centralized database on one machine possibly having multiple instances or to use a distributed model have multiple servers and instances.

Background:
the application is a global application with a couple of hundred users. In the past couple of months the database grew to about 70,000 records. Going forward as we add more modules to the application we want to try and figure out a strategy so that we can scale, and minimize performace problems down the road. Any opinions or ideas?
Thanks Received on Wed Oct 29 2003 - 13:26:22 CST