alter index rebuild (NOT ONLINE)

From: OakRogbak_erPine_at_yahoo.com Kill the 2 trees in email address to reply <OakRogbak_erPine_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Oct 2003 08:52:52 -0800

What is the consequence of doing an ALTER INDEX IDXNAME REBUILD TABLESPACE INDX2;
in an Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 database if that table is be used (possible DML)? Would an update statement fail or hang until the index is finished moving and rebuilding?

I don't want to do the ONLINE rebuild until I patch my db due to the 1475310 bug?

Thanks! Received on Wed Oct 29 2003 - 10:52:52 CST