New Oracle Home for listener install?

From: Snid <snid_at_snider.sno>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:11:00 +1000

I'm thinking of installing Oracle's network stuff in a new oracle home so that I can upgrade or patch the listener at short notice without affecting the rest of the oracle stuff.

For example, if you want to upgrade the listener from 9.2.0.3 to 9.2.0.4 (on Solaris) you can simply upgrade the listener without haveing to worry about upgrading the databases as quickly.

Obviously you would still need to do comprehensive testing of the upgraded listener before upgrading production's listener, but I can see this being quite beneficial.

How many people currently run their oracle installations like this and what are the traps to look out for? Received on Tue Oct 28 2003 - 22:11:00 CST