Sysdba can't create tables?

From: Dave <dave1_nyc_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Oct 2003 11:44:13 -0800

I'm sure I'm doing something stupid, but I'd appreciate help with this...

I'm running Oracle 921 on Windows. I have a database and am connecting with user "sys" as "sysdba". I do the following:

create user x;

grant create session to x;

grant sysdba to x;

All work fine, but x has insufficient privileges to create a table. And there's only one Oracle service running on this machine.

Thanks Received on Tue Oct 28 2003 - 13:44:13 CST