Error importing a thesaurus with ctxload

From: Teppicamon <quicog_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:01:24 +0100

Hi all

We're experiencing a very weird problem importing a thesaurus through ctxload. We have a thesaurus text file with some duplicated phrases on it (and yes, we know it, that shouldn't be like that but the file is really huge and we'd rather avoid checking it again. Follow on, please...) and we make the import with Oracle 9.2 / Windows 2000. No problem, ctxload seems to know how to handle the duplicated records and the import ends correctly. But then we try to import on Oracle 9.2 / Unix. Then the file is parsed correctly but when ctxload starts to insert we get this error:

Beginning insert...DRG-50857: oracle error in drzmiip ORA-00001: unique constraint (CTXSYS.DR_UNIQ_THS_PHRASE) violated

Is that normal? Why this difference between Windows and Unix versions? Is there anything we can do to make the Unix ctxload behave like the Windows ctxload?

Any idea will be very welcome...

---
F.X. Gil