Re: Performance problem with SQL query

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:34:02 -0000

Thanks for the follow-up.

Note in-line.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html
____Belgium__November (EOUG event - "Troubleshooting")
____UK_______December (UKOUG conference - "CBO")

Three-day seminar:
see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html
____UK___November

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

<Mark.Wright_at_bristol.ac.uk> wrote in message

> Bug 2860984 Bad plan possible with collection iterator (table/Cast)
>
> This issue is fixed in
>
> * 9.2.0.4 (Server Patch Set)
> * 10G Production Base Release
>
> Description
>
> Unnesting of a subquery with a collection iterator
> may unnecessarily impose a join order which is
> inefficient resulting in a poor query time.

> Needless to day, this is a major pain for us on 8i...
Cheer up - I've just run my test case for this bug/feature through 9.2.0.4 and 10.1beta, and it's not changed, so you're no worse off than the rest of us ;)