Re: REPOST (line wrap): How fast should an IO be on a SYMMETRIX?

From: Scott Watson <nospam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:30:58 -0500

How else do you want to only look at the first 100 rows from a table? The inline view is not hurting performance.

Histograms will consider alternate plans if the data volumes call for it, and in this case the index lookup is the fastest method.

Two tables

 t_mtch_subj_id 500 rows. ( I am only testing with the first 100 thus the inline view)  match_data 33 million rows. (index on wb_ctry_cd, subj_id)

Need to return all columns from match_data.

Scott Watson