Re: RAC, OCFS and Firewire in Linux

From: Majd <autres_at_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:53:56 +0100

Actually, it's more like RAC + Firewire + LVM + OCFS :)

the firewire is for the hardware part.

LVM stands for creating and managing volume and disk partitions, on your firewire disk.
You can use fdisk ( or an fdisk-like ) if u want to create real partitions instead of logical ones.

and then, you use ocfs to create a proper file system for oracle cluster, on the partitions you created ( with lvm for example ).

enjoy :)