Re: Oracle 9i on Solaris 6

From: Anna C. Dent <anacdent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:23:39 -0800

frogswallow wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I need to know if Oracle 9i will work on Solaris 6. I have been told
> it won't, because Solaris 6 doesn't support a 64 bit application, but
> haven't been able to find any documentation. Can anyone supply
> documentation that this will or won't work? I could be asked to
> support this as a SA, and I'd like to know what I'm potentially
> getting into...
>
> Thanks.
> Ted

The shotr answer is YES.
Below is from Metalink matrix.

Certify - Certification Matrix: Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition on Solaris Operating System (SPARC)

Server Certifications
OS Product Certified With Version Status Addtl. Info. Components Other Install Issue
9 9.2 64-bit N/A N/A Certified Yes None None None 8 9.2 64-bit N/A N/A Certified Yes None None None 2.6 9.2 N/A N/A Certified Yes None None None

9 9.2 N/A N/A Certified Yes None None None
8 9.2 N/A N/A Certified Yes None None None
7 9.2 N/A N/A Certified Yes None None None
9 9.0.1 64-bit N/A N/A Certified Yes None None None
8 9.0.1 64-bit N/A N/A Certified Yes None None None
2.6 9.0.1 N/A N/A Certified Yes None None None Received on Mon Oct 27 2003 - 18:23:39 CST