Oracle versioning discovery

From: Alan <desertflowerln_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Oct 2003 10:11:45 -0800

Does anyone know a reliable way to find out 1) whether a Oracle version is installed and 2) if so, what version (x.x.x at least, ideally x.x.x.x.x) of Oracle is installed? This is on the Windows platform. If there are multiple Oracle Homes, I want to find out all the versions of each home.
Is there a Windows tool/utility to check this? Just right click on the oracle.exe and look at the version tab, it doesn't tell you that. The only exception is v9204. Maybe Oracle is moving to that direction. But I need to discover all the v7.x.x and v8.0.x and v8.1.x etc. The registry doesn't tell you what version it is either.

Thanks in advance.

Alan Received on Mon Oct 27 2003 - 12:11:45 CST