Re: TEMP TABLESPACE PROBLEM

From: Paul <paul821_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 05:00:08 GMT

Thanks Daniel:

    You have been a big help.
--

Paul
  "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1067132649.161297_at_yasure...   Paul wrote:

    I have several databases running on Solaris 2.8 and Oracle 8.1.7.4. I only have this problem with one of them.

    The temp tablespace always fills up and Oracle does not clear it out. If I expand the size of it, it still fills up. Even if all processes are finished, Oracle does not clear it out. Then I have programs fail with the "Unable to extend" error on the temp tablespace.

    We either have to bounce the DB, or drop and re-build the temp tablespace when this happens.

    Does anyone out there have any ideas why this happens in only one application that I support, and how to fix it ?

    Thank you.
    --
    Paul L.

  I've read Anurag's response and want to take an entirely different approach.

  First ... what's the problem? In other words ... why do you care? Is it because   you are getting error messages? If so post them. Or is it because you are looking   in some data dictionary view and think it is supposed to show as empty ... in   which case you should immediately stop trying to be a DBA and start reading   the manuals on how the temp tablespace works.

  From what you posted it is impossible to tell.

--

Daniel Morgan

damorgan_at_x.washington.edu

(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Received on Sun Oct 26 2003 - 00:00:08 CDT