Re: RAIS THE RATES!!!!!!

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 18:51:22 -0700

Robert C wrote:

> <snipped>
>
>This phenomenon, this disparity, to me, does not equate to
>your statement "that Americans no longer seem to value education."
>It only proves to me, that immigrants are a LOT more hell-bent on getting
>into this business...

But it is not just this business. My sister teaches History at the University of Wisconsin.
It is no different. Sure you can apply some spin to this and say that more doesn't equate
to the Boolean I used; And in that you'd be technically correct.

But if you assume from that my statement that most Americans can not stand up to the
technical interview questions that many other nationalities can before they apply for the
same jobs you'd be incorrect.

As an employer I want the most qualified person for the dollars. And couldn't give a rip
where they were born so long as we can communicate.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu