Re: Quiz

From: nobody <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 05:20:33 GMT

must be bored or unemployed

1)
 select *
 from test a
 where date_out in (select min(date_out)  from test where location=a.location)

ok I cheated and should spell out the elements instead of *

2) Unless there is some new function in 9i that I am unaware of. I dont see how to do this without using a function that returns the locations of a character within a string to ensure
that the brackets and space are in the correct place . without using instring or substring.

The rest of the string can check for numerics or change or change the space to a + and abs(the string)
if this doesnt fail the string is valid

4)
select loc_name
from test
where location =
(select max(location) from test
where location != (select max(location) from test))

P.S. What happened to 3.

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washingt