Re: Enterprise Manager no database visible

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 24 Oct 2003 16:58:28 -0700

"Lore Leuneog" <Lore.Leuneog_at_gmx.net> wrote in message news:<bnbn54$dhn$06$1_at_news.t-online.com>...
> Hello John
>
> How can I start Enterprise Manager in stand-alone mode. The dialog doesn't
> give me the choice. How can I start the EM from the dos console???

Which version of EM are you running, and how are you starting it? If you run Top Sessions in 9.2, for example, it should go right into it, although you may be able to click on Connection Details to get the choice. I no longer have the earlier versions, but I recall that it generally starts up and asks if you want repository or stand-alone.

Try stopping the service, maybe it decides you have a repository if the service is running.

> Thank you
> Sincerely
> Lore
>

> "Turkbear" <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > "Lore Leuneog" <Lore.Leuneog_at_gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> > >Hello.
> > >
> > >It's my first experience with an oracle database. (Windows 2000 Server,
> > >Oracle 8i) Installation was just difficult because of the pentium 4 bug
> with
> > >the 8i version.
> > >
> > >Now I've got difficulties to discover the database (setup by the
> > >installation wizard) with the enterprise manager. When I try to discover
> > >nodes with the EM I'm getting the VNI 4033 Error - Couldn't obtain
> > >repository session. (I checked the agent service - the service is
> running).
> > >
> > >Does anybody have a hint for me what I should look for or check?
> > >
> > >Thank you
> > >Sincerely
> > >Lore
> > >
> > A basic question: Did you install and configure the repository ?
> >
> > Try using Enterprise Manager in stand-alone mode and have it import your
> tnsnames.ora entries...

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.