Enterprise Manager no database visible

From: Lore Leuneog <Lore.Leuneog_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:07:41 +0200

Hello.

It's my first experience with an oracle database. (Windows 2000 Server, Oracle 8i) Installation was just difficult because of the pentium 4 bug with the 8i version.

Now I've got difficulties to discover the database (setup by the installation wizard) with the enterprise manager. When I try to discover nodes with the EM I'm getting the VNI 4033 Error - Couldn't obtain repository session. (I checked the agent service - the service is running).

Does anybody have a hint for me what I should look for or check?

Thank you
Sincerely
Lore Received on Fri Oct 24 2003 - 10:07:41 CDT