Problem with Telnet - startup nomount

From: Pramod Ramachandran <pramod_at_rtimes.com>
Date: 24 Oct 2003 02:54:59 -0700

Hi group

Sorry if this is a cross post - in fact I lost my connection while posting..

I need to create an 8i database on a win2000 server remotely. I tried telnet, created an instance but when trying to connect using

startup nomount pfile=E:\oracle\admin\ow3p\pfile\initow3p.ora

it throws error

LRM-00110: syntax error at 'upward'
ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters

does it have to do something with OS authenticatioin ? I even tried VNC but that does not even allow me to connect -

ORA12154 :TNS : could not resolve service name

forgive me - I am new to remote db administration.

TIA for all replies

Pramod Ramachandran Received on Fri Oct 24 2003 - 04:54:59 CDT