Re: Index rebuilds

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman_at_RE-MO-VE.BountifulSolutions.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:09:35 +0000

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:50:00 +1000, Noons wrote:

> Good to see you back, chief.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam
> "Norman Dunbar" <Norman_at_RE-MO-VE.BountifulSolutions.co.uk> wrote in message

Morning Nuno (well, it is here !)

Yeah, I'm still lurking around - mostly early mornings when I've packed Alison off to work after (a) defrosting her car windows and (b) had my daily half-hour fix of wood working on early morning Satellite TV.

Then it's upstairs to the 'office', logon to internet and start reading this group, hunting for jobs and checking replies from agents etc. The market is pretty cr4p at the moment in the UK.

<RANT>

I get really teed off with agents who advertise the same position over and over and over .... even after it has been filled. This wastes everybody's time - and my patience.

Then you get the different agencies advertising the same job with different titles, description (and money !) so you end up applying foe the same job about 5 times.

And, what really gets me down is that in order to work in Oz, I have to be resident - damn !

</RANT>

Apart from that, being redundant is cr4p and I don't recommend it to anyone. Still, I'm re-reading all my Unix and Oracle books - to keep my hand in.

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Delete the obvious bit from my email address to reply by email.