Re: are hints still necessary in 9i?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:53:43 -0700

mcstock wrote:

>never say never
>
>as the CBO improves, hints may be needed less
>
>however we can never say that the CBO will always be smarter than the
>developer (or that the CBO developers will always be smarter than the
>application developers)

>Mark C. Stock
>www.enquery.com
>(888) 512-2048

True. But I'd venture that 99.9+% of the time the CBO is smarter than the developer that
developers on a DEV instance with a bit of sample data and a few users, and then moves
the application into TEST with six month old clone of a subset of production data and a
dozen users, at most, that then gets moved into the full PROD instance with 1000 users
beating it up full-time 7x24.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu