Re: dbms_job question

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:18:08 -0700

Ryan Gaffuri wrote:

>Is it possible to have a job run every 15 minutes between 7PM and 7AM
>every day accept sundays?

You but my feeling is that you should probably just run it every 15 minutes and make the
first statement in the procedure an IF statement that checks the clock to see when it is
appropriate to proceed.

With respect to Paddy's suggestion ... I'd avoid cron unless there was no other choice. Cron has
numerous problems as compared with DBMS_JOB. The least of which is that it requires involving
SysAdmins in everything you do.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu