Re: Intelligent Agent. Shaken or stirred?

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 06:06:16 +1000

Billy Verreynne wrote:

> "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote
>

>> No, not that one. My one. My one works ;-)

> ahhh... <head hung in shame>
>
> Will download the paper first thing tomorrow morning. Before coffee.
> :-)
>
> Thanks Howard. (but this is not to say that we won't beat the pants
> off the Kiwis in world cup ruggers)
>
> Oh yeah - got Kylix3 to work too. Except for _single_ pesky unresolved
> QT symbol when trying to startup Apache with my home grown Oracle
> webdb Kylix so... Yeah, I hate to say this, but these types of
> problems just ain't on Windows.
>
> --
> Billy

True. But in return, of course, all sorts of *other* types of problems arise on Windows (viruses, trojans, poor Oracle performance etc etc)... but you knew that!

As to your Agent problem... I honestly can't think what's up. All I can say is that I had exactly the same problem (and posted here about it) when I first tried RH9. As soon as I downgraded my glibc prior to the installation, the thing worked. Yet you say you've already done that. I suspect, in that case, your time is going to be better spent than in reading my paper.

Regards
HJR

See my brand new website, soon to be full of
new articles: www.dizwell.com.
Nothing much there yet, but give it time!!