Re: Quick questions on direct insert, undo and parallel prosessing

From: John <jbradshaw777_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Oct 2003 11:09:00 -0700

Thanks guys,

I have not touched this parallel stuff lately. I went to an ORACLE 8i class long ago and seem to recall you always have to use the parallel hint for it to work.

As to the undo tbs, I sort of asociate it with AUM. And I don't seem to see a lot of benefits in using AUM. So it makes me wonder why ORACLE come up with this feature. Discussions on UNDO_RETENTION seem to center around flash_back query, which led me to think if ORACLE came up with this to better support log miner and flash_back query. Thoughts?

John