Other commands instead of "show tables"?

From: Curt BAlluff <post_at_curt-balluff.de>
Date: 22 Oct 2003 23:46:07 -0700

Hello
I ask your pardon if this is not the proper NG for my problem.

My problem:
I,ve got a program (wage accounting) which can be administrated by
"sql talk for Windows" (Centura I think, but there I didn't find any
hint)
I can connect to my database and 'select' works fine *if I know* the name of the table. Unforunately I only could guess the name of *one* table.
"show tables;" doesn't work. This is the errormessage:

(05034 TLK ISH Invalid show command

      Reason: Attempting a SHOW command and the type of SHOW indicated by the

              keyword immediately following the SHOW is invalid or misspelled.

      Remedy: Correct the SHOW command.)

and this:
(
show tables

     ^
Error: Invalid show command
)
As I'm not very familiar with SQL (just some MySQL) I don't know where to make enquiries.

Any hints? At least the correct NG where I can ask?

TIA curt Received on Thu Oct 23 2003 - 01:46:07 CDT