what is the value of export/import fromuser and touser switches?

From: colinlyse <colinlyse_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Oct 2003 15:01:19 -0500

From prior post

Using oracle 9.2.0.3.0, on two Sun Starfire Servers both running Sun Unix, 8 Sparc CPUs, 2 TB each.

We have a schema AP on an instance A1 on a UNIX server A1. The schema has tables, views, constraints, no triggers, functions, procs, indexes etc.

We have another schema AP on an instance T1 on a UNIX server T1. The schema has tables, views, constraints, no triggers, functions, procs, indexes etc.

We have made major changes to AP on A1 and we want to blow away AP on T1 and replace it completely with AP from A1.

I saw the there is a fromuser and touser switches to 'clone' a schema. what is the value of that? Can we use it for above? how is it different from export x import x Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 15:01:19 CDT