Re: Allow 2 processes access to same table

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:31:03 -0700

Tom wrote:

>"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net> wrote in message news:Slwlb.609535$cF.279973_at_rwcrnsc53...
>

>>Just do it. What problem are you having? You should be able to access the
>>table from multiple programs at a time.
>>Jim
>>

>but both applications have to modify the table at the same time - I'm worried about locks etc as the sql takes around 10 hours to
>run and i can't have the JVM waiting on the table for that long.
>
>thanks

Not to be insulting, but I'm worried that the primary reason it is taking 10 hours is that you
are totally clueless about the tool you are using. Stop looking for problems beyond your
own understanding of Oracle which is obviously minimal and hire a consultant to help you
with your project and teach you Oracle basics.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu