Re: Disable All constraints from application

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:16:56 +0100

The command to disable a constraint is 'alter constraint <constraint_name> disable;' So running

select 'alter constraint '||constraint_name||' disable;' from user_constraints
where....

will give you some output you can use to write a script to do what you wish. a similar script can be made to reenable afterwards.

Updating the data dictionary directly is a terrible terrible idea. You wouldn't hex edit the file allocation table on a windows system to delete a file would you?

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA