8.0.5 client to 9.2 database?

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_no_spam_please_at_mitre.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:22:15 -0400

I'm trying to connect a 8.0.5 Windows client (under W2K, running older forms app on client) to a 9.2.0.3 database server on Solaris.

Is this possible? I could not get it to work - got various TNS related errors depending on what was in tnsnames.ora.

I was able to get the 8.0.5 client to connect to an 8.1.7 database on the same Solaris server. I used the net80 Assistant, as I know there is some sensitivity to formatting in the earlier 8.X releases.

thanks,
--Peter Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 09:22:15 CDT