Allow 2 processes access to same table

From: Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:47:53 +0100

Hi,

We currently have a need, to drop obsolete data, to allow some sql scripts to access tables while the application JVM is also accessing these tables.

How do i allow both sessions to alter the data in the same tables at the same time? I know that they will not effect each other as the data they will be effecting is seperated by a good few years but how can i let oracle know this?

I've been looking and think that this is possible with the ISOLATION_LEVEL parameter in my session but i am not certain?

This work is needed on 8.1.5 and there is not an option to stop the JVM during this time.

thanks

Tom Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 06:47:53 CDT