Re: The i in versione.

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:14:10 +1000

F. David wrote:

> Hello,
> what does the "i" since Oracle 8- Server- Version mean?
> F. David

"i"nternet... because in 8i, Oracle built a fully-fledged Java Virtual Machine into the database engine. Meaning that procedures and functions could be written in Java. And as we all know, Java is the language of the Internet...

Regards
HJR

See my brand new website, soon to be full of
new articles: www.dizwell.com.
Nothing much there yet, but give it time!!