Intelligent Agent. Shaken or stirred?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 22 Oct 2003 00:51:03 -0700

Oracle 9.2 on Linux RH9.2

Yeah, I know it is not certified by Oracle, but it does work. Oracle Enterprise db server. OEM. Listener. Etc. All working fine.

Except Mr. I. Agent. When attempting to start, he tells me that:
--

error while loading shared libraries: libvppdc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
--

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is correctly set and includes the street address of this particular so ($ORACLE_HOME/lib).

A file on $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libvppdc.so tells me : ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped
(ditto for 99% of all the other Oracle lib so's formats)

Thus the so is there, does exist and is in the right format and should load. Right?

I've grasped at straws like DT_RUNPATH and LD_RUN_PATH and even adding it to PATH. No luck.

Any ideas as to what the Agent's problem is?

--

Billy Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 02:51:03 CDT