Re: partitioning

From: n3tgan3sh <iosonoproprio_at_libero.it>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:39:52 +0200

"Anurag Varma" <avdbi_at_hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:qTolb.14606$0i3.8936_at_news01.roc.ny...

> Not wanting to nitpick ... however
> The above statement is not entirely true. Two databases can share the same
> tablespace provided it follows the transportable tablespaces rules and
both
> databases have access to the datafiles (i.e. for example if both databases
are
> in the same server) and if the tablespace which is shared is set to "read
only".

> Admin manual states this.

That's what I'm looking for, because my need is that both the instances are accessed by the same application, so a db link will not work, since the query can not be redefined ...
These 2 instances will be on the same server, and could be almost identical. I'm trying to find a "transparent" solution, so the application will be able to access data from both instances and the tablespace (read only) of historical data must be shared. Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 02:39:52 CDT