Re: From 9.2.0.1.0 to more recent - How ?

From: Joe Fischer <jfischer_at___fischerhome__.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:07:15 GMT

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:28:10 -0400, "Robert C" <rchin_at_panix.com> wrote:

>>>If you are asking for help violating Oracle's license you are out of
>>>luck. No one is going to go to metalink and get it for you.
>
>No, that's NOT what i am asking at all.....I don't want that nor expect
>that...
>What is it that caused you to say that or give you the impression ?
>
>I am going to assume from your message
>the answer to my question:
>"Is it publicly available ?" is - NO
>"Is it only available on Metalink ?" is - YES
>
>Looked around on http://ftp.oracle.com ....highly doubt patches are
>there....
>
>Thanks
>
>> Robert C wrote:
>>
>> >Thanks Dan
>> >But where to get the patch ? Is it publicly available ?
>> >Can not find any patches on http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/...
>> >Is it only available on Metalink ?
>> >
>> >Like I said I have no access to Metalink...
>> >I am running 9i I downloaded on a laptop.
>> >
>> >Thanks

	As far as I know patches are available through Metalink, only.
	If you are using the db to play/learn, I don't know how much
you would be missing out by not having the patches. The release notes with those patches are so long that I don't bother to read them.

Remove the underscores from the e-mail address. Received on Tue Oct 21 2003 - 19:07:15 CDT