Re: partitioning

From: n3tgan3sh <iosonoproprio_at_libero.it>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:33:46 +0200

"Brian Peasland" <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:3F9548C8.305AEE02_at_remove_spam.peasland.com...

> You can, however, access the other instances data across a database
> link. It may be semantics, but this is not 'sharing the tablespace'.

Thanks Brian !
Now last questions, directly connected to your explanation about semantics :-)
If I start one of these instances and my read-only historical data is offline/on a broken hd/, I will gain access to the "current" table data stored in the tablespace TB_CUR ?
Suppose that I want to recover the DB.
I got a fresh backup of all data but I saved that historical tablespace only once, because the backup procedure lasts too much in the night and I didn't want to put a 5GB tablespace in readonly on my tapes . Can I restore it without problem, since it was in read-only ? Received on Tue Oct 21 2003 - 10:33:46 CDT