partitioning

From: n3tgan3sh <iosonoproprio_at_libero.it>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:21:05 +0200

Hi all,
I'm new to Oracle but learning and I got some questions about partitioning. Please forgive me for bad grammar, since I'm italian :-) I refer to Oracle Ent.Ed. 8.1.7 .
Scenario :
big table with 40.000.000 rows with sales data 4-6GB tot.dim.

is it possible to partition this table by range (yes,of course) and creating tablespace
TB_CUR with 2003 and 2002 data
TB_2001, TB_2000 (with older data)
*THEN* put these "historycal data" tablespace in Read Only Mode and
*THEN* sharing these tablespace between two Oracle instance (one for
production,one for testing/integration) ? And how can I accomplish this last deal, maybe using DB links ?

The goal is, of course, saving hd/backup spaces and improving performances on the queries used on that table.
Thanx for any info, hint, link ! Received on Tue Oct 21 2003 - 09:21:05 CDT