Re: RMAN restore and the location backupset is different

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 20 Oct 2003 14:32:45 -0700

Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<ssnvov8h5j1ktga04434cppspu34uc8v49_at_4ax.com>...
> On 16 Oct 2003 17:28:31 -0700, joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote:
>
> >> Anybody know how to update for rman to know my new backupset location
> >> (as now it's in /uat/prod_backup.bk)?
> >>
> >> Note: I don't want to use soft link on this case.
> >
> >I believe Oracle does not care what you want. The filename must be the same.
>

> I don't think that is true, but I also don't want to RTFM on behalf of
> the OP. For duplicating purposes you definitely can change
> directories.

Well, you can change the location of where the files wind up, but if you can change where they come from, let me know how. From Note:183570.1 Summary of Test Environment:

"Backups and copies on disk are available at the standby host with the same path names as in the target host."

Now, one would hope this was not a prerequisite, but it was in 8i, so if you RTFM different (there was no syntax to do it in 8i), let us know what you find.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
I love watching people work on running hardware.