Re: While I was dropping UNIQUE constraints on the table, I killed my process

From: Anurag Varma <avarmadba.skipthis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:15:50 GMT

"Jay" <no_at_spam.com> wrote in message news:bn1a6f$68b$1_at_msunews.cl.msu.edu...
> I was using SQL plus but it was hung for a about 20 min.
> So I killed kill the SQL plus using window task manager.
>
> Now.
> If I "desc table", it hangs.
> No, I'm not dropping table.
>

> Thanks.
> -Jay

--snip--

If this is not production, then (as Daniel said) probably you could just bounce the server.
It appears that mabe there were too many segments that oracle had to clean up (DMT?) which are taking time.

Or ask a DBA to find out if the drop constraint SQL is still running

select vs.sid, vs.serial#, sa.sql_text from v$session vs, v$sqlarea sa where vs.status = 'ACTIVE' and vs.audsid != sys_context('USERENV','SESSIONID')
and vs.sql_address = sa.address
and vs.username is not null
/

Anurag Received on Mon Oct 20 2003 - 14:15:50 CDT